Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Internet Cafe, Pasta and the Last Day!

Ok. So this is my last day at the monastery, I'm leaving back to Thamel in the afternoon. But first, lets talk a little bit about the local internet cafe that I've been using. I decided to conduct an on the fly interview with Renuka, the owner of the internet cafe.

Me: When did you start the internet cafe?

Renuka: 3 years ago.

Me: Why did you start it?

Renuka: To support the education of my younger brothers, who are both currently attending University.

Me: What's the BEST thing about operating an internet cafe?

Renuka: Meeting different types of people.

Me: What's the WORSE thing?

Renuka: Dealing with customers and customer service!

Me: Thank you!
Renuka at her desk!


Phone booths for international and local calls.

Last night, we did end up cooking pasta for the monks. Tyler and I miscalculated a little bit about the portion sizes, so the monastery cook had to cook a pot of rice as well, to add to the portions. It was pretty damn cool, because most of the monks have never ate pasta in their lives as well, a fitting 'go-away' dinner for me as well.

Our Big Pot of Sauce, it actually took some time to prepare it.


Pasta!

Moi.


The monks about to enjoy their pasta!

And oh yeah, Yeshey (the head monk) was gracious enough to provide a suitable going away breakfast, see below, CORNFLAKES with MILK!!!!! HA!

Cornflakes from this morning (it's Thursday here)

Me and Yeshey

Tyler and Yeshey

I will miss the monastery! A bientot!

- Ju

No comments:

Post a Comment