Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend at Thamel

So yeah, it's been a few days since I've written on the blog, eh. Sorry about that. It's been a different sort of weekend, as I returned back to "Thamel", which is the tourist district of Kathmandu; and went to stay at the Quest Office for the weekend (with the local NGO - they have offices near Thamel and places to stay for us volunteers). The people at Quest have been great and greatly hospitable (and the uVolunteer staff has been amazing as well, with emails, skype contact and paperwork for me to do =); that's how I know they care!). Here's picture of the team from Quest:


Top (Left to Right): Sanju, Baby, Djamilia, Lauren, Sila
Bottom (Left to Right): Dennis, Deven, Julius

They were quite absolutely amazing as well, and surprised me with a birthday cake Friday morning. I should have seen it coming; since they're just generally amazing people and take volunteers in as if we're family. But for whatever reason, I was 100% caught off-guard with the birthday cake. Here's some pics.



But yes. That's about all I want to write about right now. I just started teaching a 2 week curriculum on Canadian History with the older monks, so I have to do much more advanced preparation! I'm a law student, NOT a history teacher!

I have so much more I want to write about: the status of Kathmandu, infrastructure, much more on the daily lives of the monks and I have tons of pics of it too (we've been on quite a few adventures), but I'll just have to post them later, the duties of a teacher calls!

Till then.

- Julius

No comments:

Post a Comment