Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chitwan - Recap

For the past couple of days, I ended up going to Chitwan (another city in Nepal) with a few other volunteers. I'm actually about to eat breakfast and I'm recovering from some sort of sickness; maybe it's homesickness, maybe it was the food in Chitwan; or maybe just the 6 hour bus rides (full of pot holes and everything else!). Who knows? It's the morning (for me at least) and I'm finally feeling a little better, but I wanted to put at least some of these pictures up; as it was a great time at Chitwan (it's a National Park - 932 sq km and full of animal wildlife).

My Hotel Room @ Hotel Park Side


The Above two pictures are just ones on the way to Chitwan, a 6 hour drive. Yeah; that's just a random house by the roadside.


Pics of Hotel Park Side.


Elephants, there were ALOT of elephants.


Some quick pictures of the village @ Chitwan, pretty basic stuff. Djamilia took some amazing photos, maybe I can post some of hers.



More Elephants. Above is just a few locals preparing a morning snack for the elephants: grass, molasses and rice, I believe.









Yes, we went Canoeing, to a local Tharu Cultural Show and ELEPHANT riding. Pretty damn awesome, saw some Rhinos, Deer, Peacocks, Foxes, Jackals, Crocodiles. I've only got a good picture of the Rhinos though.

- Julius

No comments:

Post a Comment