Sunday, August 7, 2011

Final Post and Pictures

So I've finally gotten around to finishing this post! And as promised there's a few pictures of the last days at the monastery and at Nepal. I think I've had a reluctance to finish this, because in a way it will signify the ending of my journey in Nepal and subconsciously a part of me has been in denial! I could have potentially stayed there for longer =).

Ah well, c'est la vie! And I'm back in Canada now. But first, I wanted to post information/links on all the various organizations that have helped me on this trip (most of them are already on the links section of this blog):

1. Khenpo's Site - http://www.khenpo.com/en1/help.html . I have provided the link for people if they wish to donate or 'sponsor' one of the monks. They're very communal there, so the funds are generally spread out between all the monks anyways. But by 'sponsoring' a monk, you could potentially build a relationship with them via the internet and potentially visit as well! Which reminds me, I still have to send a package to them in Nepal! I taught the monks how to play ultimate frisbee and I plan on sending a package of frisbees over - wasn't able to find a decent frisbee at the local shops.

2. Quest Volunteer - Nepal - http://questvolunteer-adventures.webs.com/aboutus.htm . They were the local NGO that set me up at the monastery and in Nepal in general. Airport pick-up, driving to and from the monastery, etc. The people there are great! I miss you all!! Salve, Sanju, Sila and Dev!

3. uVolunteer - http://www.uvolunteer.org/nepal/volunteer-nepal.php . This is the organization that I found on the web that inspired my vision to travel and volunteer abroad in specifically, Nepal this year (I've wanted to volunteer abroad for many years now - so I can't just give them credit for that!). They have been great in setting up the logistics and all the pre-travel details and had weekly reports for me to fill up!!!!

Anyway, I guess this is the end of it. I don't believe that I'll post anymore on this blog. But if you do comment, I will read them and reply. That's all for now and yes, hopefully I'll continue blogging at my own personal blog: Julius.


See below two pictures - one of the sponsors from France - Olivier was kind enough to purchase 2 sets of soccer uniforms for the monks. They were actually preparing to have a little competition. Tyler and I took that opportunity to name it the "SF Cup" (If you notice the centre of the "field", SF Cup is scratched into the dirt).



Just hanging out with the monks


The Administrator gave me a token of appreciation (he does for all volunteers)!



Cheers! And I hope you've enjoyed this blog and learned something!

- Julius

No comments:

Post a Comment